Monday, November 8, 2010

Ayer La Vi- Don Omar


Song/Canción- Ayer La Vi/ Yesterday I Saw Her- Don Omar




Click here to listen first/Haz Clic Aquí para eschucharla primero


Click here for the Translation/Haz Clic Aquí para la Traducción




Since I have listened to this song over 500 times, I figured I should translate it. Everytime I hear it, it makes me think of Venezuela. It makes me really nostalgic. I think it's because it was probably the first Reggaeton song I actually learned and was able to understand. Also, it gives me flashes of going to this small town down the mountain from where I was living and drinking Polar Ice in the only discoteca nearby and getting tipsy enough to actually be able to speak spanish. I also think about my first "real" latin love when I hear this song because most of my first experiences in Venezuela were with him, including dancing Reggaeton. ;-) Isn't it crazy how one song can remind you of so many things?


Ya que he escuchado esta canción más que 500 veces, me imaginé que debía traducirla. Cada vez que la escucho, me pone pensar en Venezuela. Me pone muy nostálgica. Yo creo que es porque esa probablemente fue la primera canción de Reggaeton que yo actualmente aprendí y que podía entender. Además me da flashes de ir a un pueblito que estaba cerca a donde yo vivía y beber Polar Ice en la única discoteca cerca y entonarme tanto que yo podía hablar español sin pena. También, pienso en mi primero amor "verdadero" latino cuando eschuche a esta canción porque la mayoría de mis experiencias en Venezuela fueron con él, incluso bailar reggaeton. Es algo loco como sola una cancíon se puede hacer acordar de tantas cosas.

No comments:

Post a Comment